Friday, June 3, 2011

I showered and other achievements from babyland

Ollie weighed in today at 9lbs. !
well, ollie is just about one month now and im starting to feel like myself again, albeit a less energetic, crankier version of myself, but myself nonetheless.  its shocking how quickly the first few weeks flew by.  really, i feel like i just got home with him a week ago.

so, i thought that i'd start a mommy/baby blog to document ollie's first months of life and my first months as a mom.  in fact, this week was my first week at home with ollie by myself and i find myself learning new things every day.  for example, yesterday i showered!  it doesn't sound like much of an achievement, but it sure did feel like one.  ollie doesn't sleep reliably during the day.  he gets tired, but doesn't want to sleep in his bed.  so there have been a number of days that i've spent snuggling a sleepy baby in my arms.  i'm not complaining - he gets fussy, but has been very soothable - but it does make showering difficult.

yesterday, i got him down in bed for a whopping 15 minutes, long enough for me to get a shower.  i can't tell you how nice that shower was, and i felt victorious.

my colleague told me that the first months of being a parent are spent figuring out how to do everything in your life with a baby and that's what i'm finding.  yesterday the shower, today the grocery store.  life's an adventure.  

1 comment:

  1. Do you own a sling? If not it is a life saver for a tiny baby. I don't mean a baby bjorn either. Those don't do the kangaroo snuggle thing that really keeps little one's peaceful (plus tiny babies hate facing outward). If you don't already have one; my favorite was the ring sling http://www.theslingstation.com/ringslings1.html, which I found was quick and easy for in and out of the car on shopping trips. And the mai tai http://www.theslingstation.com/meitais.html, (Miriam Byroad makes them, I got mine from her) and is great for tiny babies up through toddlers, then there is the ever popular Ergo, which we still use on nearly every outing. We're not really stroller people :o)

    ReplyDelete